The MANTECA-LATHROP RURAL COUNTY FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT was established in 1936 to provide fire protection for the township of Lathrop, rural Lathrop and rural Manteca. The Fire District was organized under the laws of the State of California, Health and Safety Code section 13800, known as the Fire Protection District law of 1987. It is governed by five members Board of Directors who are elected at-large to serve a four-year term. Since 1936 the district has developed into a proactive Fire Department covering 100 square miles including the recently incorporated City of Lathrop.
The District staffs four strategically located fire stations with career personnel, as well as volunteer firefighters.
In February of 2002, the Board of Directors changed the name to the LATHROP-MANTECA FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT.
The Mission of the Lathrop-Manteca Fire Protection District
is to protect life and property through efficient and dedicated response
to the emergency needs of our Community, delivered with care, skill and compassion to
all who need our aid.